accessibilité: saut au contenu


Résultats

Nous avons trouvé 558 éléments semblables.
Collaborateurs Société historique de Nipissing Ouest  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • The Kipling Baptist Church, Hugel Township
    The Kipling Baptist Church, Hugel Township
    Imagemystery       The Kipling Baptist Church in Hugel Township. The Kipling Church is quite active. Kipling, is north of the village of Verner.
    Imagemystery     The Kipling Baptist Church in Hugel Township. The Kipling Church is quite active. Kipling, is north of the village of Verner.
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Nécrologie / Obituary Roland Dupuis
    Nécrologie / Obituary Roland Dupuis
    Genealogical ResourceImage       DUPUIS, Roland (1918-2005) -- In loving memory of Roland Dupuis who passed away at the West Nipissing General Hospital on Sunday, July 17, 2005 at the age of 86 years. Predeceased by his wife, Pauline Dupuis (née Langlois). Cherished father of Jocelyne (Robert White) of Bathurst, New Brunswick, ...
    Genealogical ResourceImage     DUPUIS, Roland (1918-2005) -- In loving memory of Roland Dupuis who passed away at the West Nipissing General Hospital on Sunday, July 17, 2005 at the age of 86 years. ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Moulins de Nipissing Ouest / Mills of West Nipissing
    Moulins de Nipissing Ouest / Mills of West Nipissing
    Group       ...
    Group     ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Inondations / Floods - West Nipissing Ouest
    Inondations / Floods - West Nipissing Ouest
    Group       ...
    Group     ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • No title
    No title
    Group       ...
    Group     ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Barrage hydro-électrique sur la rivière Sturgeon / Power Dams on the Sturgeon River
    Barrage hydro-électrique sur la rivière Sturgeon / Power Dams on the Sturgeon River
    Image       The spill dams on the Sturgeon River were built in 1923-24 with a continuous pour of 5,399 cubic yards of concrete in 10 hour shifts. The municipality of West Nipissing bought the hydro dams when Weyerhaeuser closed down its mill in the early 2000s.
    Image     The spill dams on the Sturgeon River were built in 1923-24 with a continuous pour of 5,399 cubic yards of concrete in 10 hour shifts. The municipality of West Nipissing ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Weyerhaeuser water tower removal, Sturgeon Falls
    Weyerhaeuser water tower removal, Sturgeon Falls
    Image       The Weyerhaeuser mill, located on Cache Bay Road in Sturgeon Falls, had its own water tower to generate water pressure for fire protection purposes. This water tower, along with the entire mill, were removed in 2004
    Image     The Weyerhaeuser mill, located on Cache Bay Road in Sturgeon Falls, had its own water tower to generate water pressure for fire protection purposes. This water tower, along with the ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • The 1979 Sturgeon River flood at the Abitibi mill.
    The 1979 Sturgeon River flood at the Abitibi mill.
    Image       The 1979 Sturgeon River flood at the Abitibi mill was the biggest in 300 years.
    Image     The 1979 Sturgeon River flood at the Abitibi mill was the biggest in 300 years.
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Truck Dumping Wood Chips in the MacMillan Bloedel yard, Sturgeon Falls
    Truck Dumping Wood Chips in the MacMillan Bloedel yard, Sturgeon Falls
    Imagemystery       An 18-wheel wood chip truck dumps its load in the wood yard of the MacMillan Bloedel in Sturgeon Falls. The mill capacity in 1999 was 250 tons of corrugating medium a day. At the same time as the company installed the truck dumper, approximately 150,000 square feet of yard was ...
    Imagemystery     An 18-wheel wood chip truck dumps its load in the wood yard of the MacMillan Bloedel in Sturgeon Falls. The mill capacity in 1999 was 250 tons of corrugating medium ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Aerial view of the Abitibi mill
    Aerial view of the Abitibi mill
    Image       The Abitibi mill, closed during the 1930s and only reopened in 1946. The numbered sections of the yard identifies the different parts of the mill.
    Image     The Abitibi mill, closed during the 1930s and only reopened in 1946. The numbered sections of the yard identifies the different parts of the mill.
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • The Smith offices and residence in Field
    The Smith offices and residence in Field
    Image       The Smith offices and residence in Field
    Image     The Smith offices and residence in Field
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Poste de garde-forestiers à Field sur la rue Larocque. / Lands& Forest hose drying tower on Larocque c.1930
    Poste de garde-forestiers à Field sur la rue Larocque. / Lands& Forest hose drying tower on Larocque c.1930
    Imagemystery       The village of Field was connected to the Lands & Forest fire fighting towers by telephone. This tower was used to dry hoses after fighting a fire. They were pulled up by rope and let dangle to dry.
    Imagemystery     The village of Field was connected to the Lands & Forest fire fighting towers by telephone. This tower was used to dry hoses after fighting a fire. They were pulled ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Construction du Screamer, John B. Smith Lumber, Callander  / Construction of the Screamer, John B. Smith Lumber company, Callander
    Construction du Screamer, John B. Smith Lumber, Callander / Construction of the Screamer, John B. Smith Lumber company, Callander
    Image       Le Screamer, est construit en 1922 par John B. Smith Lumber à Callander ON. / Photo of the building of the Screamer by the John B. Smith Lumber company in Callander, ON in 1922. The tugboat was powered by a 170 Horsepower steam engine. It could pull up to 10,000 ...
    Image     Le Screamer, est construit en 1922 par John B. Smith Lumber à Callander ON. / Photo of the building of the Screamer by the John B. Smith Lumber company in ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Portrait de John B. Smith.  / Portrait of John B. Smith
    Portrait de John B. Smith. / Portrait of John B. Smith
    Image       What is interesting about Mr. Smith is that his name was never changed on the Toronto company he founded in 1851; he passed away in 1894. The 116-year company, which had connections to Marten River, Temagami, Field and Callander, officially closed its doors in 1967 as the John B. Smith ...
    Image     What is interesting about Mr. Smith is that his name was never changed on the Toronto company he founded in 1851; he passed away in 1894. The 116-year company, which ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Locomotive à vapeur de John B. Smith / J.B. Smith Steam Locomotive
    Locomotive à vapeur de John B. Smith / J.B. Smith Steam Locomotive
    Image       N’ayant pas sa propre scierie, elle fait débiter son bois par des scieries locales, notamment John B. Smith & Sons à Callander. Durant l’exploitation de ses réserves sur la rivière Temagami, elle fait débiter son bois à la scierie de Field, et ce durait plusieurs années. Pour y arriver il ...
    Image     N’ayant pas sa propre scierie, elle fait débiter son bois par des scieries locales, notamment John B. Smith & Sons à Callander. Durant l’exploitation de ses réserves sur la rivière ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Scierie Joseph Vézina, Field / Joseph Vezina Mill, Field
    Scierie Joseph Vézina, Field / Joseph Vezina Mill, Field
    Image       La Scierie Vézina etait située sur la rue Desjardins, environ 300 m en amont du pont actuel. / The first Vezina mill was built about 300 metres from today's bridge crossing the Sturgeon River.
    Image     La Scierie Vézina etait située sur la rue Desjardins, environ 300 m en amont du pont actuel. / The first Vezina mill was built about 300 metres from today's bridge ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Usine de rabotage de Field Lumber / Field Lumber planing mill
    Usine de rabotage de Field Lumber / Field Lumber planing mill
    Image       L’usine de rabotage Une usine de rabotage (planing mill) est construite en 1918 environ, près de la voie ferrée du Canadian Northern Railway, à quelque 200 mètres au nord de la rivière Pike. Dans la bâtisse mesurant 60 par 72 pieds, il y a une raboteuse, une scie à ruban ...
    Image     L’usine de rabotage Une usine de rabotage (planing mill) est construite en 1918 environ, près de la voie ferrée du Canadian Northern Railway, à quelque 200 mètres au nord de ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Magasin Lamarre, Field / Lamarre Grocery Store, Field
    Magasin Lamarre, Field / Lamarre Grocery Store, Field
    Image       Magasin Lamarre devenu le magasin Field Lumber en 1914. Le magasin Field Lumber était géré par Ubald Lamarre. / The Lamarre Grocery Store became the Field Lumber Store in 1914. The Field Lumber store was managed by former owner Ubald Lamarre.
    Image     Magasin Lamarre devenu le magasin Field Lumber en 1914. Le magasin Field Lumber était géré par Ubald Lamarre. / The Lamarre Grocery Store became the Field Lumber Store in 1914. ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Drave sur le lac Silver / Log drive on Silver Lake
    Drave sur le lac Silver / Log drive on Silver Lake
    Image       Silver Lake had both a dam to control its water and wooden slides to send logs over very difficult routes full of rocks. Lumberjacks came to know when the water was at its highest before sending their sticks down river.Logs cut in Pardo Township were sent via Lake Silver until ...
    Image     Silver Lake had both a dam to control its water and wooden slides to send logs over very difficult routes full of rocks. Lumberjacks came to know when the water ...
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
  • Construction du dortoir au chantier de la Scierie Field Lumber / Construction of the two-storey dining hall of the Field Lumber logging camp
    Construction du dortoir au chantier de la Scierie Field Lumber / Construction of the two-storey dining hall of the Field Lumber logging camp
    Image       Chantier Field Lumber Août-Sep. 1948
    Image     Chantier Field Lumber Août-Sep. 1948
    Société historique de Nipissing Ouest
Outils de Web
Voir autres formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Mods | RDF
Partager
Recherche dans ces résultats
Collaborateurs
Médias
Localisation
Afficher tout ...
Cacher ...
Tri par A-Z...
Tri par Scores...
Groupes
Types d'élément
Afficher tout ...
Cacher ...
Tri par A-Z...
Tri par Scores...
Années
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Fonctions
Creative Commons