accessibilité: saut au contenu


Résultats

Nous avons trouvé 27 éléments semblables.
Médias    Groupes Brockton Plaqued Properties  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 106 Colborne Street North - Binder Twine Factory
    106 Colborne Street North - Binder Twine Factory
    Image       Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, the Walkerton Binder Twine Company Limited. This building is the largest industrial structure remaining in proximity to the downtown of Walkerton. A long, low building, the Binder Twine factory is still in use in a commercial context.
    Image     Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, the Walkerton Binder Twine Company Limited. This building is the largest industrial structure remaining in proximity to the ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 10 Yonge Street North “Hampson's Foundry”
    10 Yonge Street North “Hampson's Foundry”
    Image       Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, foundry and machine shop for over 118 years. The building style is Ontario Vernacular. This simple heavy timber structure was clad with board and batten siding. The type of foundation is not certain but it is most likely ...
    Image     Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, foundry and machine shop for over 118 years. The building style is Ontario Vernacular. This simple heavy timber ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 11 Victoria Street South
    11 Victoria Street South
    Image       Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to survive the “Big Fire” in Walkerton of 1877 unscathed. Sternall’s, once a livery, has been converted into residential rentals.
    Image     Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to survive the “Big Fire” in Walkerton of 1877 unscathed. Sternall’s, once a livery, has been converted into residential ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 106 Cayley Street
    106 Cayley Street
    Image       Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart “Tex” Cameron.
    Image     Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart “Tex” Cameron.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 107 Cayley Street
    107 Cayley Street
    Image       Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the Walkerton community.
    Image     Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the Walkerton community.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 108 Cayley Street
    108 Cayley Street
    Image       Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. Stevens.
    Image     Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. Stevens.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 209 Cayley - "Walkerton Court House Complex"
    209 Cayley - "Walkerton Court House Complex"
    Image       The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has been serving the county since 1867. It is an integral part of the Justice complex in Walkerton. Many of Walkerton’s foremost politicians and citizens have had their start in the legal halls of the court complex.
    Image     The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has been serving the county since 1867. It is an integral part of the Justice complex in Walkerton. Many ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 215 Jane Street - Armoury
    215 Jane Street - Armoury
    Image       Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as an effort to reinforce the idea of nation-building, prior to the Great War by creating a space for militia training and armament. For many years now it has served as a municipally run daycare.
    Image     Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as an effort to reinforce the idea of nation-building, prior to the Great War by creating a space for ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 220 Victoria Street - Sacred Heart Catholic Church
    220 Victoria Street - Sacred Heart Catholic Church
    Image       Sacred Heart Catholic Church was constructed in 1874 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton. Before this, mass was celebrated in private homes, an old school and a court house. In 1895, the church was enlarged, and a sanctuary was added. In 1927, the pastor, Father Maloney, noticed the foundation ...
    Image     Sacred Heart Catholic Church was constructed in 1874 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton. Before this, mass was celebrated in private homes, an old school and a court house. ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 232 Durham Street East
    232 Durham Street East
    Image       Constructed in 1890 the building has always housed,and still houses, a functioning pharmacy while being physically and visually linked to the buildings on either side.
    Image     Constructed in 1890 the building has always housed,and still houses, a functioning pharmacy while being physically and visually linked to the buildings on either side.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 310 Victoria Street
    310 Victoria Street
    Image       This home was built in 1917. Dominated by the Sacred Heart Catholic Church site to the North, this former farmhouse was ordered directly from a catalogue, making it unique in Walkerton.
    Image     This home was built in 1917. Dominated by the Sacred Heart Catholic Church site to the North, this former farmhouse was ordered directly from a catalogue, making it unique in ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 311 Colborne Street
    311 Colborne Street
    Image       Constructed in 1872, this house was the rectory for the old Anglican Church.
    Image     Constructed in 1872, this house was the rectory for the old Anglican Church.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 331 Durham Street East
    331 Durham Street East
    Image       Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after the Big Fire of Walkerton that scorched the majority of the downtown, it visually links well with Walkerton given the external Italianate facade.
    Image     Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after the Big Fire of Walkerton that scorched the majority of the downtown, it visually links well with Walkerton ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 404 Victoria Street
    404 Victoria Street
    Image       Built in 1882, this house is linked to the Walkerton region by its builder, Gregory G. Bobier, who developed large portions of the town of Walkerton.
    Image     Built in 1882, this house is linked to the Walkerton region by its builder, Gregory G. Bobier, who developed large portions of the town of Walkerton.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 411 Scott Street
    411 Scott Street
    Image       Built in 1937, this was the home of Rueben Edward Truax. The Truax family increased the manufacturing sector in Walkerton, manufacturing both doors and sashes.
    Image     Built in 1937, this was the home of Rueben Edward Truax. The Truax family increased the manufacturing sector in Walkerton, manufacturing both doors and sashes.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 414 Scott Street
    414 Scott Street
    Image       Built in 1890, this was the home of Rueben Eldridge Truax. The Truax family increased the manufacturing sector in Walkerton, manufacturing both doors and sashes.
    Image     Built in 1890, this was the home of Rueben Eldridge Truax. The Truax family increased the manufacturing sector in Walkerton, manufacturing both doors and sashes.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 415 Gibson Street
    415 Gibson Street
    Image       Built in 1877, this is one of the earliest surviving structures from Walkerton’s founding. Fronting on the West side of Gibson Street, this home is a classic example of the Edwardian style. A simple square plan, the sober red brick and the generous late Neo-Classical porch with its Doric columns ...
    Image     Built in 1877, this is one of the earliest surviving structures from Walkerton’s founding. Fronting on the West side of Gibson Street, this home is a classic example of the ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 430 Jackson Street South
    430 Jackson Street South
    Image       Built in 1885 by H.P. O’Connor. O'Conner was a lawyer, former Mayor of Walkerton and Liberal MPP of Bruce South from 1882-1894.
    Image     Built in 1885 by H.P. O’Connor. O'Conner was a lawyer, former Mayor of Walkerton and Liberal MPP of Bruce South from 1882-1894.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 810 Yonge Street
    810 Yonge Street
    Image       Built in 1885, this was the home of Judge William Barrett. The Wesley family (who opertated the Walkerton Herald-Times) would subsequently live in the home.
    Image     Built in 1885, this was the home of Judge William Barrett. The Wesley family (who opertated the Walkerton Herald-Times) would subsequently live in the home.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 951 Old Durham Road
    951 Old Durham Road
    Image       Built in 1880 by Alexander Shaw. Shaw was a Liberal MPP for Bruce South as well as Mayor and town solicitor of Walkerton. He was directly responsible for the adoption of settler rights legislation that saw timber mills disallowed from taking lumber from settler lands without permission. A classic example ...
    Image     Built in 1880 by Alexander Shaw. Shaw was a Liberal MPP for Bruce South as well as Mayor and town solicitor of Walkerton. He was directly responsible for the adoption ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
Outils de Web
Voir autres formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Mods | RDF
Partager
Recherche dans ces résultats